Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 36
Posts: 36   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 7128 times and has 35 replies Next Thread
jezza453
Stranger

New update Reply to this Post

I was glad to find out the update had just come until a few minutes ago when i tried to do a bounty and found out theyre now only for wranglers, well thats buggered up my day and all the newbies who like theyre bounties, you guys have just buggered up the game since you've prevented us from doing bounties, we deserve bounties, we've had them for so long and now an awesome update takes em away, thats worst update in this entire game EVER!!!!!!!!!!!
[Feb 12, 2009 10:33:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
naman_vegeta
Old Hand

Re: New update Reply to this Post

your account was made on 4th april 2007, today iS 13th jan 2009... you didn't like to do bounties in meanwhile??

anyways, if yo've to criticize the update... don't blame bounty thing... you can play ranked game in both towns now... duds are basically for show off... and if you want to be materialistic, then yo've to buy...
----------------------------------------
~Naman
Leader of Guns and Roses Gang
Just give it your best shot... Nothing Is Impossible...
[Feb 13, 2009 1:27:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    naman.gemini@yahoo.com [Link]  Go to top 
shane0991
Tenderfoot

I was glad to find out the update had just come until a few minutes ago when i tried to do a bounty and found out theyre now only for wranglers, well thats buggered up my day and all the newbies who like theyre bounties, you guys have just buggered up the game since you've prevented us from doing bounties, we deserve bounties, we've had them for so long and now an awesome update takes em away, thats worst update in this entire game EVER!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree I don't know how is this going to make b!h get new players, it is unfair but you can't do anything about it.
[Feb 13, 2009 1:38:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cowboy1990
Old Hand

Non-wranglers should be aloud to play bounties.

It is probbally part of all the bugs the game has had since the latest update, so don't worry about it.
FFJ

~Avatar drawn by embracingejw
[Feb 13, 2009 2:13:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
jeremy002
Old Hand

New players NEED to play bountys,if they don't will be hard to earn script for them.
[Feb 13, 2009 3:08:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
nightsmash
Stranger

To be bluntly honest. It is no diffrent the Puzzle Pirates. To enjoy the full game need to pay.
[Feb 13, 2009 7:12:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Maeveen
Old Hand

New players NEED to play bountys,if they don't will be hard to earn script for them.

Scrip is very easy to earn now.

it is unfair but you can't do anything about it.

While I sympathize, far from not being able to do anything about it, it seems to me you have a couple options. The first is to simply enjoy all the other features made available, including both towns and most of the big shots. Post-update, free accounts are almost as good in competitive play as pay accounts, and that to me seems like a huge upgrade. Second, you could pay for the game. Yes, there are many reasons why this can be difficult, but very few make it impossible. Don't have a credit card? There are other options, including mail order (I think), PayByCash, those lovely gift cards and, if you're in the US, you can probably just mail it over with a sticky note. Parents won't let you pay for the game? They probably will if you show them you can earn the money and $20 is very manageable with a little toil and sweat. Okay, you have a third option, which is to wait until players inevitably decide to offer stuff-for-aces, like Wranglers for the highest ace earners. Then you just have to figure out how to get all those aces. ^^
Oy with the poodles already!
[Feb 13, 2009 8:20:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Leafsnail
Old Hand

Basically, they've given non payers the ITP at the expense of 10 bounties. Personally I enjoyed the 10 bounties more.
If you're like me, then you should probably seek help. NOW.

Leafsnail - now 32% less like talking to a brick wall.
[Feb 13, 2009 9:25:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
EvilTree
Old Hand

To be bluntly honest. It is no diffrent the Puzzle Pirates. To enjoy the full game need to pay.

That's only true on subscription oceans.
Quote from winvirus:

I run my gang in a diplomatic form of way
No you arent doing it right.

[Feb 13, 2009 9:25:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hple42SaEco [Link]  Go to top 
Flyer8897
Cowpoke

I don't see how free accounts are equal with wranglers. If you don't have the best bigshot for the scenario, you are at a big disadvantage. I doubt people will want to play fg with me as I only have a codger. We didn't get any new units, so there wasn't really any change at how competitive non-wranglers are.

Gangs were very efficient at providing ITP passes. I used my gang's for months.

Leafsnail, I'm not totally sure, but I only noticed the removal of 5 bounties. You might be right.

I actually was doing bounties on the days before the update. Then I reread it and noticed that we would get extra scrip, so I waited until they updated BH to do the last game for Marge Queenie. Who knew that the would remove some bounties...
[Feb 13, 2009 1:53:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
WiseFox
Old Hand

We didn't get any new units, so there wasn't really any change at how competitive non-wranglers are.

The difference is that you can now purchase the other big shots after having earned some scrip. Previously, there was no way you could have more than your starting big shot as non-paying player (since you didn't have access to gold).
Vampire Whirled!
Bang! Heroes
Whirled Beat
[Feb 13, 2009 2:21:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
squibboy
Old Hand

I think the older players who have had exchange licence for free should still be made wrangler for free, i understand that they havent paid any money for gold, but they are some of your oldest players/customers, and alot of them are thinking of quiting now which would be a real shame to lose these players.

so please think twice about this decission, it would be a great shame to lose some of the best people in the games community.

~llc~
~llc~
the proud owner of Guns and Roses
[Feb 13, 2009 2:46:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Legoman96
Old Hand

I think the older players who have had exchange licence for free should still be made wrangler for free, i understand that they havent paid any money for gold, but they are some of your oldest players/customers, and alot of them are thinking of quiting now which would be a real shame to lose these players.

so please think twice about this decission, it would be a great shame to lose some of the best people in the games community.

~llc~

I second that. I've been playing for a while, come on. Besides, there's really no chance I'll become a Wrangler as I already have everything I really need: a few looks, some Big Shot duds and many other duds, a familiar, my own gang, all Big Shots, plenty of cards and enough scrip for my needs, and plenty of Pardners. Not making people like me Wranglers won't result in anything besides our eventual and inevitable qutting.
-Kevin Always
founder of the Powerhouse Renegades

I like to drum so ya...
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Legoman96 at Feb 13, 2009 2:50:41 PM]
[Feb 13, 2009 2:48:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dubalistik
Stranger

I have been playing bang howdy for many years now when gold was at 2000+ scrip.
i loved the game and kept playing and couldnt wait to get to itp i saved for along time when it still cost 20000 and 20g wich took along time to get.
i have played bang howdy almost everyday and now i cannot buy anything and it it with surely i deserve the free wrangler pass
i dont think this is fair for the old players of bang howdy.

dubalistik leader of guns and roses gang
[Feb 13, 2009 4:52:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bond008
Tenderfoot

I have been playing bang howdy for many years now when gold was at 2000+ scrip.
i loved the game and kept playing and couldnt wait to get to itp i saved for along time when it still cost 20000 and 20g wich took along time to get.
i have played bang howdy almost everyday and now i cannot buy anything and it it with surely i deserve the free wrangler pass
i dont think this is fair for the old players of bang howdy.

dubalistik leader of guns and roses gang

well the fact its not if its fair or not 000 sees u as a player that had been playing for LONG time with out paying a cent what they want u to do is to pay! yea its unfair but they think also its unfair u been playing for so long with out paying. both sides think its unfair what the other says sos duba
[Feb 13, 2009 5:41:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kurusuke
Old Hand

About the new update. Yeah >.>

The first bounty is like 1000 scrips.
If i only could redo them...
The Prodigy - You'll Be Under My Wheels
[Feb 13, 2009 5:57:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
malakas2
Old Hand

I've been paying Poseidon's rent for all this time, I think I deserve those bonuses, not just the wrangler. D:
http://kangoorac.mybrute.com/ Are you good enough to beat me? Let's see..!
[Feb 14, 2009 1:03:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Leafsnail
Old Hand

Leafsnail, I'm not totally sure, but I only noticed the removal of 5 bounties. You might be right.

I actually was doing bounties on the days before the update. Then I reread it and noticed that we would get extra scrip, so I waited until they updated BH to do the last game for Marge Queenie. Who knew that the would remove some bounties...

When you completed the ones you're on, you used to go on to "Silver star" bounties, which I found very fun and challenging.
Bounties included Big John, La Desperada and Helmet von Helmut.

[Feb 14, 2009 3:32:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Flyer8897
Cowpoke

Wisefox, purchasing big shots is still wrangler, I believe.

Leafsnail, weren't those "Most Wanted" bounties?

I'll be back soon to check if those are right.
[Feb 14, 2009 10:20:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Maeveen
Old Hand

Wisefox, purchasing big shots is still wrangler, I believe.

I was about to post that you were wrong, but I went to check on a non-Wrangler account and my tac buy option has a Wrangler icon.

Anyone else see this? Everyone except podgy Codgy and the Raveny one should be available, right? Am I seeing things???
[Feb 14, 2009 10:46:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
naman_vegeta
Old Hand

No you aren't... i checked with my alt already... big shots are for wranglers only... you can't buy anyone else without wrangler pass... well the announcement said wranglers would have access to all bs...
~Naman
Leader of Guns and Roses Gang
Just give it your best shot... Nothing Is Impossible...
[Feb 14, 2009 11:03:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    naman.gemini@yahoo.com [Link]  Go to top 
Flyer8897
Cowpoke

Taken from announcement.

[...]The key features distinguishing a Wrangler are:
Access to all Big Shot units[...]

[Feb 14, 2009 11:08:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Maeveen
Old Hand

Now that's interesting. I'd assumed that meant they'd have access to all big shots, but that it did not preclude non-Wranglers from buying big shots not listed in section 2 (i.e. Codger and Raven). I guess I was wrong and non-Wranglers really are totally crippled.
[Feb 14, 2009 11:33:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Flyer8897
Cowpoke

They've always been that way. It's kind of telling when the only ranks I have above tenderfoot are Gold Rush and Claim Jumping, and the only bigshot I have is Old Codger.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Flyer8897 at Feb 14, 2009 11:52:00 AM]
[Feb 14, 2009 11:47:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Maeveen
Old Hand

I'm aware of that, Flyer: one of my presently Wrangler accounts started as a non-gold account. I just meant that I (and some others) read the announcement incorrectly and assumed that the list of perks implied that non-Wranglers would be able to buy 4 out of 6 big shots. They would have then been capable of fielding optimal units for most boards in most scenarios. At this point, they're even more gimped than before as Poseidon suggested that new players will now all start with cav, making FG very difficult.
[Feb 14, 2009 1:25:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Leafsnail
Old Hand

That's true, and sounds a bit unfair. Maybe it should be changed so that you get to choose your Big Shot at the start (I quite liked that element) and then when you get wrangler you get to choose a free ITP and FT Big Shot. I mean, I understand that freeplayers should only get 1 big shot, like always, but they should at least be able to choose. Tact is a perfectly logical swap out for the cav in terms of first big shot.

[Feb 14, 2009 1:48:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
WiseFox
Old Hand

I just meant that I (and some others) read the announcement incorrectly and assumed that the list of perks implied that non-Wranglers would be able to buy 4 out of 6 big shots.

It looks like I even misread it worse than that: I thought it implied that Wranglers would get all big shots for free, while non-wranglers would have to purchase them.
Vampire Whirled!
Bang! Heroes
Whirled Beat
[Feb 14, 2009 2:48:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MattAlmighty
Old Hand

I don't think they should abandon the idea to pay to play as a wrangler, they should just make it cheaper. 20.00$ is a bit much in my opinion.

Im teh gweatest pwayo of aww time hit moi uphizzle

Quote by Penutt

Pokey
[Feb 14, 2009 3:20:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jezza453
Stranger

i own a gang and because of the wrangler pass i cannot do anything for the gang, i cannot purchase anything because i never bought a gold pack, so i cannot do anything and now my gang is useless, i said it once and will say it again, [font=courier new]this is the worst update ever!
[Feb 14, 2009 3:48:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
maNga70
Old Hand

I got only ITP gold left and no one works for free nowadays...
Mae, I bet Leafsnail reads your posts more than once.

I don't think they should abandon the idea to pay to play as a wrangler, they should just make it cheaper. 20.00$ is a bit much in my opinion.

I thought it's just for starters. Later on, I think we might have some new offers like... $8.95 for FT/ITP or somethin like that. Btw, what's the point of Scrip Packs if you can only buy 15 scrip worth cards and 500 scrip worth gunslingers with it? This game has become nothing special so far. Putting a price this high to play a game with 8 different scenarios and merely 30 different maps is outrageous to every begginer. B!H is basically a game made only for people who have played it for over 19 months or for those willing to pay! And it just isn't worth it (except for people who have everything they need, like me).
Five people (during the 20 minutes I spent in parlor today) with no ranks quit the game as soon as they found out how to get the Wrangler pass and what is available without it to purchase.
-I miss my big 0 next to the gold square with large G on it...
"Kali I can say I hacked into CIA database!"
Kali: "I didn't know Serbia had CIA"

"I wish Martin was here to laugh with me..."
Kali: "Martin thinks I'm smart, he told me that"
[Edit 2 times, last edit by maNga70 at Feb 14, 2009 5:57:21 PM]
[Feb 14, 2009 5:44:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 36   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]